Brew Lab is always on the lookout for exceptional staff to join us as we diversify our offering and expand the business.
Since opening in September 2012, we've been passionate about serving Edinburgh outstanding single origin espresso and filter coffees using beans from the best roasters around the UK and Europe, alongside high quality artisanal food with local provenance. We care about communicating knowledge to our customers and sparking an interest in what we do and ensuring each and every customer has an experience that exceeds their expectations.
Brew Lab has a proven track record of kick-starting the careers of coffee and hospitality professionals and producing competition winning Baristas from our dedicated, down-to-earth and friendly team of full- and part-time staff.
- Have 1 year of experience in the speciality coffee industry
- Enjoy working in a very busy café, not just on a coffee machine
- Work cleanly, efficiently, and with a sense of urgency
- Have a desire to advance your career in coffee and communicate your knowledge to customers in a friendly and approachable way
- Have a keen palate and passion for food and drink in general
- Be able to work 45 hours a week with no other major time commitments
- Genuinely enjoy working with the public and all the challenges it brings
It would be nice if:
- You have 2 years of experience in the speciality coffee industry or bring something else to the table
- You already have a decent knowledge of extraction theory, can dial in and prepare high-quality espresso with precision and skill, and can consistently pour competition-level latte art
- Cleaning, smiling, and making it all look easy is already second nature to you and you can teach us some tricks
Part-time Kitchen Assistant
You must be able to:
- Toast bread, smash avocados and unite them artfully
- Work from 7:30am to 12:30pm 3 to 6 days a week
- Work well in a team, raise a smile, and cope with washing plenty of dishes
- Keep things organised and follow established systems and procedures
You must have:
- A love of food and coffee (we can teach you a lot about the latter)
- The ability to prioritise, work efficently and calmly under pressure, and rapidly take on responsibility
- Good chat and excellent customer service skills
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Due to the large number of applications, we are only able to reply to successful applicants.