Brew Lab is always on the lookout for exceptional staff to join us as we diversify our offering and expand the business.
Since opening in September 2012, we've been passionate about serving Edinburgh outstanding single origin espresso and filter coffees using beans from the best roasters around the UK and Europe, alongside high quality artisanal food with local provenance. We care about communicating knowledge to our customers and sparking an interest in what we do and ensuring each and every customer has an experience that exceeds their expectations.
We have a dedicated, down to earth and friendly team of full-time and part-time staff and we are looking for new members to join us as we enter an exciting period of growth.
BARISTA - FULL TIME
Brew Lab is on the look out for a talented, passionate, and knowledgeable barista to join the team full time. You should be able to work 45 hours a week with no other major commitments.
We're looking for someone who can tick the following boxes:
- Two years experience in the specialty coffee industry;
- Excellent understanding of espresso preparation and theory;
- An interest in the broader specialty coffee industry - developments in equipment, theory, techniques, news, competitions etc;
- Experience of a wide variety of brewing techniques and proficiency in the measurement of extraction and its applicability in a commercial environment;
- You should thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment and work exceptionally as part of a highly coordinated team;
- Consistent and accomplished latte art;
- Appreciation of the importance of brand, expectation management, and customer loyalty;
- You should be able to demonstrate a clear passion and knowledge for coffee, food and a desire to consistently exceed customer expectations.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Due to the large number of applications, we are only able to reply to successful applicants.