Brew Lab is always on the lookout for exceptional staff to join us as we diversify our offering and expand the business.
Since opening in September 2012, we've been passionate about serving Edinburgh outstanding single origin espresso and filter coffees using beans from the best roasters around the UK and Europe, alongside high quality artisanal food with local provenance. We care about communicating knowledge to our customers and sparking an interest in what we do and ensuring each and every customer has an experience that exceeds their expectations.
Brew Lab has a proven track record of kick-starting the careers of coffee and hospitality professionals and producing competition winning Baristas from our dedicated, down-to-earth and friendly team of full- and part-time staff.
Part-time floor staff member (25 hours per week)
We're looking for a dedicated part-time floor staff member.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Serving drinks to customers, clearing the coffee shop floor and washing dishes.
- Maintaining Brew Lab's high standards of cleanliness, organisation and efficiency.
- Communicating Brew Lab's speciality coffee offering to customers in a clear and accessible way.
- Cash handling.
- Operating the brew bar and making brewed coffee and tea to Brew Lab's exacting standards.
- Food preparation including making sandwiches.
You should be able to tick the following boxes:
- You will have at least a year of experience in the hospitality industry either in a cafe or restaurant.
- Your customer service and communication skills should be second to none.
- You should have a keen interest in food and drink.
- Experience in coffee is not essential, but you should have a desire to learn more about speciality coffee.
- You should have an exceptional attention to detail, organisation and efficiency.
- You should be a good multi-tasker and happy with working in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the large number of applications, we are only able to reply to successful applicants.