Brew Lab is always on the lookout for exceptional staff to join us as we diversify our offering and expand the business.
Since opening in September 2012, we've been passionate about serving Edinburgh outstanding single origin espresso and filter coffees using beans from the best roasters around the UK and Europe, alongside high quality artisanal food with local provenance. We care about communicating knowledge to our customers and sparking an interest in what we do and ensuring each and every customer has an experience that exceeds their expectations.
Brew Lab has a proven track record of kick-starting the careers of coffee and hospitality professionals and producing competition winning Baristas from our dedicated, down-to-earth and friendly team of full- and part-time staff.
full-time and part-time Baristas
We're looking for talented baristas to join our team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing espresso and brewed coffee to Brew Lab's exacting standards.
- Engaging with customers and communicating Brew Lab's speciality coffee offering to an eclectic customer base.
- Representing Brew Lab and ensuring every customer has the very best experience possible.
- Ensuring Brew Lab's high standards of cleanliness, organisation and efficiency are maintained at all times.
We’re looking for someone who can tick the following boxes:
- Ideally you will have at least two years of experience in speciality coffee.
- You should be able to demonstrate a clear passion and knowledge for coffee, food and a desire to consistently exceed customer expectations.
- You should be comfortable working on a manual machine with grind-on-demand grinders and be proficient at dialling in to ensure the espresso is consistently at its best.
- Texturing milk should be second nature and you should be consistently capable of pouring excellent latte art.
- You should have an exceptional attention to detail as well as excellent organisational and efficiency skills.
- You should thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment and work exceptionally as part of a highly coordinated team.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the large number of applications, we are only able to reply to successful applicants.