Brew Lab is always on the lookout for exceptional staff to join us as we diversify our offering and expand the business.
Since opening in September 2012, we've been passionate about serving Edinburgh outstanding single origin espresso and filter coffees using beans from the best roasters around the UK and Europe, alongside high quality artisanal food with local provenance. We care about communicating knowledge to our customers and sparking an interest in what we do and ensuring each and every customer has an experience that exceeds their expectations.
Brew Lab has a proven track record of kick-starting the careers of coffee and hospitality professionals and producing competition winning Baristas from our dedicated, down-to-earth and friendly team of full- and part-time staff.
Full AND PART-TIME BARISTAS
Brew Lab is on the lookout for exceptional baristas to join our team. You will be responsible for preparing and serving filter and espresso coffees to Brew Lab’s exacting standards. We’re looking for someone who can demonstrate a passion for speciality coffee and an eagerness to communicate the intricacies of coffee to customers.
We’re looking for someone who can tick the following boxes:
- You will have at least a year’s experience in speciality coffee
- You should be comfortable working on a manual machine with grind-on-demand grinders and be proficient at dialling in to ensure the espresso is consistently at its best.
- Texturing milk should be second nature and you should be consistently capable of pouring latte art.
- We have a busy brew bar so experience with filter coffee would be beneficial, and an interest is essential.
- As well as being passionate about coffee, you will also be an excellent communicator and have a desire to provide the highest level of customer service
If you are interested please send a covering letter and CV over to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER (P/T 16 hrs)
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS FRIDAY 16 MARCH 2018
Since opening in 2012 Brew Lab has grown to be one of the leading coffee companies in Scotland and one of the most respected in the UK. At our core is our passion for coffee and food, and communicating that passion to our customers. We are the final step in the coffee journey from seed to cup, and we don’t take that responsibility lightly.
Our core business has four tranches:
- Brew Lab Cafe - Our busy cafe on South College Street is at the cutting edge of coffee and is always looking to push peoples boundaries.
- Training Lab - Our coffee Training Lab opened in 2015 and runs consumer focused classes all year round.
- Events - Our pop-up coffee bars visit conferences, exhibitions and festivals.
- RTD Coffee - Our flagship product Brew Lab Cold Brew launched in 2014 and we’re now focused on taking the brand to the next level.
Brew Lab’s team is small and tight knit with two founders and 12 staff members working across the cafe floor and office. You will join our small office team which includes both co-founders, office manager, cafe manager/assistant manager, and head of coffee.
To grow the Brew Lab brand through digital and offline marketing efforts and keep it at the forefront of coffee in Scotland and the wider UK.
You will report directly to the co-founders.
The position is for 16 hours a week initially, with considerable flexibility in scheduling, and would suit a current student or recent graduate looking to add to their CV or freelance workload.
- Develop a strategy and content plan for Brew Lab’s digital channels including social media, website and email marketing.
- Work to understand our consumer base's needs and behaviours and communicate Brew Lab’s proposition effectively to multiple audience segments.
- Manage Brew Lab’s digital marketing channels including social media, website and email marketing including creation of content and optimising reach.
- Reporting back on effectiveness of marketing activities and devising key ROI metrics with line manager.
What we're looking for
- Good photography skills with an understanding of how to craft compelling and effective content for social media.
- A keen Instagram user with an ability to demonstrate an understanding of how to utilise the platform effectively in the context of a food/retail business.
- While coffee knowledge is not essential, a clear passion for food and drink is.
- Excellent copywriting skills across a range of digital channels.
- Solid experience of managing and maintaining websites and email marketing lists - using systems such as Squarespace and Mailchimp and defining/using customer journeys to maximise impact.
- Fully competent in Google Analytics and competency across a range of analytical tools for social/email/CRM platforms.
- Experience of managing conversations and engaging with audiences on multiple social media platforms simultaneously to seek and retain loyalty.
- Excellent planning and prioritisation skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrable understanding of how to manage paid media campaigns to audience segments including PPC, social and digital advertising.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Due to the large number of applications, we are only able to reply to successful applicants.